Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Hello World!

Many of the problems in the world pale in comparison to the environmental destruction we are causing. I know there are many people out there troubled by it, but we feel helpless to stop it. So should we just make the best of things as they are? That works for me for a while, but I am still troubled. It's the topic at the forefront of my mind most of the time.

It's difficult to talk to others about the environment because it's a downer and it's a touchy subject, but most of all, it makes people feel guilty that they aren't doing enough or caring enough. So I think the best way to relate to other human beings about the subject closest to my heart is to write about it, at least until I find it easier to communicate verbally about it.

What I envision for this blog is to post about interesting stories and books I read related to the environment, and to discuss practical ways of making a difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Future Earth-- I've followed you through several name changes but think your posts are worth the effort. I look forward to reading your musings and maybe contributing some of my own through posts.