Monday, January 14, 2008

Save the Polar Bears!!

On January 10th, I wrote about the US Fish & Wildlife Service's delay in listing the polar bear as a threatened species. At the end, I recommended that you contact Dirk Kempthorne, the Secretary of the Interior. (1849 C St. NW, Washington, DC 20240 or (202) 208-3100 and (800) 344-9453)

I realize that some of my readers may be really busy and unable to take the time to do this, so I have found an online petition you can sign instead. However, I really recommend that you personally contact the Interior Secretary if you have any extra time at all. It would make a much bigger impact.

Whatever you have time to do, thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just signed the petition. I noticed though that it said the timeline was until January 10th... did they extend the petition deadline to match the US FWS delay?

Denise said...

They are still taking 'signatures,' so I assume that's the case.